Being fit isn’t just about having that good appearance, not just about having the shape, not just to impress people, but being fit is about living a healthier life, it’s for you to be stronger and be better. Are you tired of sucking your stomach to fit a dress? Are you tired seeing yourself in the mirror having that belly pooch? Well. It’s time for you to burn that! Are you even jealous of those who can just wear those crop tops, bikinis and just flaunting their beautiful sculpted body? You can also do that. Here, let me help you. This post will be about my FLAT STOMACH ROUTINE. Enjoy!
Okay, before everything else, I want to tell you that there is no easy way to achieve that goal of having a toned belly, you need three things:
“Motivation? Why? I have it. I just want to be fit, as simple as that.” No! I’m telling you, that’s not a good motivation, because in the middle of your routines you’ll just give up and say I don’t want to be fit anymore, you need stronger motivations why you’re doing this, why you want to be fit.
Next, Patience is a virtue. Patience is something you really need to bring with you. As I said, this is not easy, you can’t just achieve it as fast as a blink of an eye. This really needs patience and hard work. It’s tough, it hurts a lot especially on your first tries, but a strong motivation and patience will bring you to your goal.
Lastly, Discipline. THIS IS A VERY VERY VERY VERY IMPORTANT ATTITUDE if you want to achieve that perfect body. Don’t cheat because once done, it’ll be hard for you to go back to the program, believe me! One more thing, when you do work out routines, never cheat also. Follow what is supposed to be followed. Never cut, don’t do short cuts, if it has to be 30 repetitions, you need to do 30 not 10, not 20, but 30.
What is the proper diet I should follow?
- The most important thing is to drink plenty of water. As soon as you wake up, drink water, not coffee, not juice. Drinking lots of water will help to flush toxins out of your system and keep your bowels moving, both of which are essential for a flat stomach. Replace your beverages with water, avoid any sweet drink and soda especially coke. What I usually do because I really don’t like plain water, at night I slice 1 to 2 lemon into pieces then put it in a pitcher of water then put it in the refrigerator I do it every night then for example I’ll wake up at 8 am, drink that water then alarm my phone that for every 2 hours I should drink a glass of water.
- Eat small meals frequently. Instead of eating three large meals per day, eat smaller, more regular meals. I eat 5 times per day, 1 for breakfast then around 10 am in the morning, next is lunch, then 3 pm and the last one is 6 pm which is dinner. Remember that eating nothing between breakfast, lunch and dinner will not make you lose weight instead it will make you gain more weight because of the negative effect to the blood sugar level. NEVER STARVE YOURSELF. The more you starve, the more you want to eat so as much as possible don’t.
- Cut as much sugar as possible. It will lower your insulin level which equates to greater production of Glucagon hormone which allows the glucose to be burned as energy, thus contributing to a fabulous flat stomach.
- Reduce portion sizes of your food instead of just cutting them out and force yourself to eat healthy. What I do is if I eat a bar of chocolate, I’ll cut it, I’ll just eat half, just minimize the portion you don’t have to terminate it. One more thing while eating, chew slowly, chew every bite of the food until it reach the consistency like a juice then swallow, this will help speed up your digestion process. Take a small break every bite of food when eating, it will make your stomach realize that it’s full so it won’t lead you to over eating.
- Eat protein snack at the magic hour. What is magic hour? It’s between 3 pm and 4 pm, it will boost your metabolism and balance your blood sugar so the amount of insulin which makes you store fat will lower.
- Do not eat 3-4 hours before you go to sleep because the body slows down when we’re asleep. We are less active at night which may lead to storing of calories as fat, rather than burning them as energy.
I have tons of exercise everyday, I do this exercise daily except Sunday for 2 weeks.
Upper Body Twist (30 seconds)
Seal Jacks or Jumping Jacks (30 seconds)
Wall Sit (30 seconds)
(Repeat the whole conditioning 2 more times)
Oblique Crunch (15 seconds each side)
Twist Crunch (15 seconds each side)
Side Plank with Hip Thrust (20 seconds each side)
(Repeat crunches 2 more times)
Cross Mountain Climbers (15 seconds each side)
Crunch (30 seconds)
Russian Twist (30 seconds, left and right alternate)
Bicycle Crunch (30 seconds, left and right alternate)
(Repeat the remaining exercise)
Upward Dog (30 seconds)
Child’s Pose (30 seconds)
EXERCISE ENDS HERE.
Yehey!!! You’re done. Continue doing this within 2 weeks you can see the result though it’s just a small difference. Have fun, that’s the key for you to don’t get bored and keep your motivation in your head always. Please don’t also forget to take 10 seconds break every exercise. Inhale from your nose to the lungs then exhale with your mouth. Credits to all the pictures I used. Have fun! God bless.
Fitness is not about being better than someone else… It’s about being better than you used to be.