Summer is over, school is about to start.
Those sleepless nights because of watching movies and using Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, etc. will be changed to sleepless nights because of homeworks, exams, projects. Waking up late? Say bye! You have to wake up EXTRA EARLY. Say bye to your #OOTD’s and hello School Uniform. Bye Sidewalks, Hello Hallways! You still can’t believe that summer is over and school is near? Have you prepared already? If not, I have here few tips for you!
1. Prepare yourself. You don’t want to look like a mess on your first day. You want to look like you had an amazing summer vacation even if deep inside you, you didn’t. You want to look at your best to face new faces.
- Take care of your skin. You don’t want any blemishes or spots. Summer tans are also not good for school anymore. What you want to do is to take care of it regularly. If you have acne, wash your face regularly, engage to your trusted acne wash or cream or whatever you use to remove it. Keep your face dry, remember only your eyes need to shine, not your face, you may want to invest any cake, press or any powder you desire. If you are prone to breakouts, you may want to use your favorite moisturizer to control it. It’s time to use your trusted skin-whitening soap or lotion to remove those summer tans you had. If you have enough money, you may also have regular sessions with dermatologists or buy any skin care products. Remember to always keep your face dry with clean towel and as much as possible avoid touching it to limit the spread of bacteria.
- Take care of your hair. Summer makes your hair dry and frizzy. It’s so annoying, right? You won’t be able to concentrate on your school if you’re annoyed. You should always make sure that your hair is clean, free of odor and smells good. You don’t want your hair to be greasy because it looks gross. If you also have enough money, you can go to your trusted salon to give your hair some pamper. You want to use a conditioner regularly and make sure you wash your hair also regularly and properly. Hair is one of the most attractive ones, especially when it comes to girls. You may also want to check out different hairstyles, go wild with your hair and try out different looks.
- Take care of your teeth. You don’t want your teeth look gross. It’s your first day, you should always flash your beautiful smile, but how will it become beautiful? Teeth aren’t taken care only before classes or any occasion, but you have to take care of it each and every single day. Always use any whitening toothpaste, you may use mouthwashes to make your breath fresh and good. You may also have regular meeting with your dentist. Always flash those pearls, they attract people, for sure everyone will love you if you’ll always show them.
2. Prepare your things. It’s a new school year, you want your things to look new. If you have money for sure you will buy new things but what if you don’t have any? Try to revamp!
- Uniform. If your school has uniforms, read the guidelines carefully. Follow the desired length of every uniform. Sometimes the school also specifies the style of it. This is the right time to check out your uniforms and fix everything needed to be fixed. You should also want to make sure that they look brand new white. You don’t want to start your school year with a dirty white uniform. (If your uniform has white color e.g., Polo, Blouse) If the uniform doesn’t fit you anymore, it’s not yet late for you to buy a new one.
- Dress code. If your school doesn’t have any school uniform and your school has a dress code, make sure to follow them so you won’t have any problem. You may want to raid your closet and check out your clothes, you may revamp them. Turn a tee to a muscle tee? Why not! If you have the skills and artistic hands, you can make those stocked old clothes look beautiful like a new one. Just a little suggestion, make a schedule of your outfits for example Monday is a lazy outfit, Tuesday you want something Hippie, Darker or bolder outfit for Wednesday, Thursday is a casual look, Friday is a TGIF outfit. Have fun with your clothes but always make sure it will make you comfortable.
- School materials. If you’re using a notebook, it’s the right time for you to buy one or recycle those you used last school year if they don’t have too many writings. It’s also time to buy pens, and anything you will need for school. Just remember to spend your money wisely. It’s not about the price, it’s about the quality.
3. Prepare yourself. School is also about learning. It’s not just as easy as going to school and wear your best then go home, no! It’s about you, yourself. Remember when you’re on school or anywhere. You just have to be you. You don’t have to fit in the society which you aren’t. When you try to fit in, you’re acting fake. Be positive always. In school, there are a lot of trials, a lot of problems, a lot of things you need to overcome. You have to be positive as much as you can because when you’re positive your brain will work double than what you can do, it will also give you the strength to face everything and when you have a positive outlook, you’ll have a lot of motivations that will lead you to your goals in life. It’s okay to be friends with anyone, join their company but you should always know them. If you know that they’re not doing right or they may be a bad influence to you, don’t join them. Never give in to peer pressure, if they ask you to do drugs, sex or any bad things that can harm you or can distract you from your school, don’t do it just leave them remember that there are a lot of people or students in your class you can be friends with them. No real friend will encourage you to do bad things. As what a saying said “Tell me who your friends are and I’ll tell you who you are” Choose wisely!
Good luck on your journey, I hope you’ll have a wonderful school year and God bless you always! May you reach your dream, dreamer.